Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Still not feeling the love!

Ok, so I know I all ready wrote a little bit about the paycut for myself and my contractor peers who work for this big company, who I also happen to know made a lot of money this year despite the economy, and I don't mean to belabor the point but its like the more I think about it the more it pisses me off.

Especially when I think about how pretty much the 4 contractors on my particular team are all Moms and the main reason we even keep the job at all is because we are allowed to work from home, so we can be there more for our kids, but the thing that gets me is its like they got us by the balls becausethey know we all love working from home and being able to be there more for our families, and I guess they think they are doing us a favor by "letting" us keep our jobs, but I am really having a hard time dealing with this scenario and I feel totally screwed, especially when I think about how I have given six years of my life to this company and all they do is take stuff away every year..so geez, let's hope I can get some writing gigs soon because Momma needs some green! Like last year, they took away personal and sick time. This year , a 10%pay cut. Merry Xmas!

I have stuck it out through thick and thin, because of circumstances in my life that made it a good fit. Like 2 pregnancies one in 2004 and one in 2007, the latter was kind of high risk because I had high blood pressure, so I had to take it easy, though I wasn't on bed rest exactly, but it was good to work from home, so I could rest when I could. Then there was what I call the year of skin cancer and a couple of surgeries on my face 2 years ago which was a total drag and I am sure grateful I didn't work in an office then when I was looking like all scarfacey, but that's all healed up now.

Plus before that, there were oral surgeries after my first daughter was born, so I mean yes the job has served me well, but I am just feeling grossly underpaid. Have never gotten a raise, only pay cuts. I wonder if the recruiting firm took a hit on it or not? Maybe I should just put the baby on tv. Just kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment