Wednesday, January 14, 2009

So flipping tired!

I should probably go to bed early, but instead I am messing around on Facebook. I am actually dizzy from being tired..I wanted to try and get a few words in, but its like when I sit down to write, nothing comes out.even though I think of stuff all day long I could write about. It did occur to me earlier how writing is just so I don't know...not comfortable exactly, though I have this compulsion to write.making.the glass seems to calm my spirits, the writing seems to agitate them. Ok, for lack of anything I feel like writing, here is a previously written poem:

Driving Across Country With Eight Deadheads and Not Much Else


It wasn’t so bad
living in the lime green Chevy
with three on the tree
traveling around forgetting
where I’d been the night before
moving across the country
like a fast, curvy line
drawn on a map
in an old movie.
We roamed from Maine to California,
cramped by then since there were eight
of us, I always had shot-gun
if I wasn’t driving or asleep;
Bongo Mike and Cricket
fought over me then
and Chaz couldn’t drive
because he saw the windshield melting,
so I drove a lot. Utah
was the most beautiful
with it’s rock formations
shaped like sad Native faces
and large feet, and I remember
being in a time warp
listening to Dylan
“Like a Rolling Stone”
and the quiet out there
in the desert
was peacefully
overwhelming.

© Molly McHaney Krava

No comments:

Post a Comment