Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Spinner ring..fun!



So I finished my spinner ring. Yay! Its pretty cool I think, its not for sale though. I made the shank from sheet metal which I cut and then shaped into a cylinder.



Then I soldered two half round wire to each end, then created another band that goes around the entire shank, and made 3 small bezels where I placed 3 glass stones which I also made and then set.


The ring was based on a demo by the lovely Terri St. Romain over at Spruill Center, but I put my own "spin" on it. haha. The demo was to create a spinner ring, but using thin rings, 3 or more, in the center, so that each little ring spun separately. I liked that design also, but I had this vision of setting some of my really small glass cabs I make, into something metal, so it was kind of cool how it came to me like that.


The ring I am pretty happy about, I want to make another one, similar style, though not exactly the same. No two I think could be exactly alike in the handmade process, as my hands are not a machine. Blood, sweat and tears baby, that's how we do it here at Rockwater glass

No comments:

Post a Comment